AAKG Revolution™ is our raw, unflavored arginine alpha ketoglutarate. L-Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid and a chemical precursor to nitric oxide, a blood vessel widening (vasodilating) agent.
This enlargement of blood vessels helps deliver more much needed oxygen-rich blood and nutrients to working muscles and may assist with:
- Improvements in blood flow leading to a bigger "pump"
- Increasing muscle mass
- Reducing body fat
- Stimulating muscle protein synthesis
- Supporting cardiovascular health
The proof is in the pudding with arginine supplementation. A 2010 study conducted by Bailey et al. discovered supplemental arginine for 3 days was able to enhance nitric oxide production and decrease oxygen consumption (7%) while improving time to exhaustion by 25% in otherwise healthy men. Reduced oxygen consumption during exercise suggests enhanced metabolic efficiency and work capacity.
AAKG Revolution™ is a perfect addition to any pre workout formula if you’re looking for a muscle-volumizing pump. Arginine may also be used daily for cardiovascular health support.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
L-Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid and is a chemical precursor to nitric oxide (a blood vessel-widening agent).
- When Arginine AKG enters the body it stimulates nitric oxide pathways. This process vasodilates (enlarges) blood vessels and helps deliver more of the much-needed, oxygen-rich blood and nutrients to working muscles in order to enhance pumps and, ultimately, muscle growth.
- Vasodilation by Arginine may also support healthy cardiovascular function with potential to reduce blood pressure and risk of ischemia.
- Arginine AKG also triggers the body to make protein and has been studied for healing wounds, bodybuilding, and preventing tissue degradation in people with critical illnesses.
- A 2010 study conducted by Bailey et al. discovered supplemental arginine for 3 days was able to enhance nitric oxide production and decrease oxygen consumption (7%) while improving time to exhaustion by 25% in otherwise healthy men.
Q: What is the best way to take AAKG Revolution?
A: As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop (3 grams) with your favorite beverage. For optimal results, use 15-30 minutes prior to training.
Q: I know arginine increases nitric oxide production but what does NO actually do in the body?
A: Nitric oxide has a vasodilatory effect on the blood vessels; meaning NO enlarges them. This vasodilation delivers more oxygen-rich blood and nutrients to the working muscles and may improve performance.
Q: What other MuscleSport raw products do you recommend stacking with AAKG Revolution?
1. Tan, B., Yin, Y., Liu, Z., Li, X., Xu, H., Kong, X., ... & Wu, G. (2009). Dietary L-arginine supplementation increases muscle gain and reduces body fat mass in growing-finishing pigs. Amino acids, 37(1), 169-175.
2. Huk, I., Nanobashvili, J., Neumayer, C., Punz, A., Mueller, M., Afkhampour, K., ... & Patton, S. (1997). L-arginine treatment alters the kinetics of nitric oxide and superoxide release and reduces ischemia/reperfusion injury in skeletal muscle. Circulation, 96(2), 667-675.
3. Yao, K., Yin, Y. L., Chu, W., Liu, Z., Deng, D., Li, T., ... & Wu, G. (2008). Dietary arginine supplementation increases mTOR signaling activity in skeletal muscle of neonatal pigs. The Journal of nutrition, 138(5), 867-872.
4. Jobgen, W., Meininger, C. J., Jobgen, S. C., Li, P., Lee, M. J., Smith, S. B., ... & Wu, G. (2008). Dietary L-arginine supplementation reduces white fat gain and enhances skeletal muscle and brown fat masses in diet-induced obese rats. The Journal of nutrition, jn-108.
5. Tseh, Wayland1; Cioci, Brian W.1; Morgan, Don W. FACSM2 The Effects of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate Supplementation on Endurance-Trained Females http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Citation/2008/05001/The_Effects_of_Arginine_Alpha_Ketoglutarate.2375.aspx
6. Thomas S. Rector, Ph.D.; Alan J. Bank, MD; Kathleen A. Mullen, RN; Linda K. Tschumperlin, RN; Ronald Sih, MD; Kamalesh Pillai, MD; Spencer H. Kubo, MD Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Supplemental Oral L-Arginine in Patients with Heart Failure www.circ.ahajournals.org/content/93/12/2135.full
7. E Morikawa, M A Moskowitz, Z Huang, T Yoshida, K Irikura and T Dalkara L-arginine infusion promotes nitric oxide-dependent vasodilation, increases regional cerebral blood flow, and reduces infarction volume in the rat. http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/25/2/429.short
8. S M Gardiner, A M Compton, T Bennett, RM Palmer, S Moncada Control of regional blood flow by endothelium-derived nitric oxide.
California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65warnings.ca.gov/