Citrulline Malate Revolution™ is our raw, unflavored citrulline malate formula. Citrulline has been scientifically proven to:
- Enhance arginine and nitric oxide more effectively than arginine supplementation itself. This is because arginine is metabolized before it can be absorbed, yet citrulline bypasses metabolism and is converted to arginine after entering the body.
- Reduce exercise-induced fatigue resulting in enhanced training volume.
- Reduce post exercise muscle soreness by up to 40%.
- Increase growth hormone release during exercise.
MuscleSport CITRULLINE MALATE Revolution™ is the perfect pair for any advanced pre workout combination.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Citrulline Malate is produced from the combination of the non-essential amino acid, L-Citrulline, and the metabolic intermediate, Malic Acid.
- Citrulline malate is a crucial cofactor in the production of arginine and nitric oxide. It’s been shown to relax blood vessels, improve blood flow and raise overall nitric oxide levels.
- Many bodybuilders take citrulline malate with their pre and post workout drinks to help improve recovery, increase vascularity and improve muscle pumps throughout the day and following a training session.
- Citrulline malate is also an energy booster backed by research. One study reported that subjects consuming citrulline malate for 15 days experienced a 35% increase in ATP (energy) production during exercise and a 20% increase in phosphocreatine recovery between bouts of exercise.
- Research also suggests that subjects supplementing with citrulline malate before a chest workout could complete at least one to two more reps on most sets compared to subjects taking a placebo.
Q: How should I take Citrulline Malate?
A: As a dietary supplement, mix 1-3 scoops (1-3 servings) of Citrulline Malate in 8-10 ounces of water or a beverage of your choice and consume 30 minutes before your workout. You can also take Citrulline Malate during the day for cardiovascular support and a more vascular appearance.
Q: I’ve heard Citrulline should not be taken on an empty stomach, is this true?
A: With ingestion of any amino acids, water can be drawn into the stomach due to the osmotic effects of amino acids and result in distress. Individuals should have no problem consuming several servings of Citrulline Malate whether on an empty stoamch or with meals.
Q: How long does it usually take for me to notice the effects of citrulline?
A: Citrulline Malate begins working in about 30 minutes after consumption for blood flow enhancement and other performance enhancing effects. However, some effects, such as reduced soreness and increased strength, require a consistent weight training routine to be noticed, and therefore, take a few weeks to appear.
Q: What other MuscleSport raw products do you recommend stacking with citrulline malate?
1. Bendahan, D., Mattei, J. P., Ghattas, B., Confort-Gouny, S., Le Guern, M. E., & Cozzone, P. J. (2002). Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. British journal of sports medicine,36(4), 282-289.
2. Hickner, R. C., Tanner, C. J., Evans, C. A., Clark, P. D., Haddock, A., Fortune, C., ... & Mccammon, M. (2006). L-citrulline reduces time to exhaustion and insulin response to a graded exercise test. Medicine and science in sports and exercise, 38(4), 660-666.
3. Pérez-Guisado, J., & Jakeman, P. M. (2010). Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 24(5), 1215-1222.
4. Sureda, A., Córdova, A., Ferrer, M. D., Pérez, G., Tur, J. A., & Pons, A. (2010). L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. European journal of applied physiology, 110(2), 341-351.
California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65warnings.ca.gov/