L-Glutamine Revolution™ is our raw, unflavored L-glutamine formula. L-glutamine is the most prevalent free amino acid in plasma and one of the most abundant found in muscle tissue.
L-glutamine helps prevent muscle breakdown and helps your body stay in an anabolic state. What's more, L-glutamine can:
- Preserve muscle mass from gluconeogenesis
- Reduce sugar cravings
- Support muscle protein synthesis (MPS)
- Improve endurance
- Replenish muscle glycogen
L-Glutamine Revolution™ is one piece of the puzzle to help your body keep up with the rigorous demands intense training puts on it.
Mix L-Glutamine Revolution™ with your post-workout shake or consume throughout the day to help increase lean muscle and recovery.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
L-glutamine is the most prevalent free amino acid in plasma and one of the most prevalent found in muscle tissue.
- L-Glutamine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and is effective at replenishing energy for muscles (glycogen) after exhaustive exercise which may lead to quicker recovery.
- L-Glutamine may also increase cell volume (hydration) and lead to increases in muscle hypertrophy.
- L-Glutamine may also reduce protein breakdown and support immune function.
- Lehmkuhl et al. (2003) found individual supplementing with glutamine and creatine monohydrate for 8 weeks increased body mass, lean body mass and the initial rate of power production compared to placebo.
Q: How should I take L-glutamine?
A: As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop (5 grams) of L-glutamine in water or a beverage of your choice and consume immediately post workout or throughout the day to promote recovery.
Q: Besides helping recovery, what else does L-glutamine do?
A: L-glutamine is effective at replenishing energy for muscles (glycogen) after exhaustive exercise. It may also increase cell volumization (hydration) and lead to increases in muscle hypertrophy as well as surface area of the microvilli on the intestines to promote nutrient absorption.
Lastly, L-Glutamine may reduce protein breakdown and support immune function.
Q: What other MuscleSport raw products can I stack with L-glutamine?
1. Welbourne, T. C. (1995). "Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load". The American journal of clinical nutrition 61 (5): 1058–1061.
2. Morlion, B. J.; Stehle, P.; Wachtler, P.; Siedhoff, H. P.; Köller, M.; König, W.; Fürst, P.; Puchstein, C. (1998). "Total Parenteral Nutrition with Glutamine Dipeptide After Major Abdominal Surgery". Annals of Surgery 227 (2): 302–308.
3. Lee, W. J.; Hawkins, R. A.; Viña, J. R.; Peterson, D. R. (1998). "Glutamine transport by the blood-brain barrier: A possible mechanism for nitrogen removal". The American journal of physiology 274
4. Todorova, V. K., Kaufmann, Y., Luo, S., & Klimberg, V. S. (2011). Tamoxifen and raloxifene suppress the proliferation of estrogen receptor-negative cells through inhibition of glutamine uptake. [Research Support, U.S. Gov't, Non-P.H.S.]. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol, 67(2), 285-291.
5. Bowtell, J. L., Gelly, K., Jackman, M. L., Patel, A., Simeoni, M., & Rennie, M. J. (1999). Effect of oral glutamine on whole body carbohydrate storage during recovery from exhaustive exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology,86(6), 1770-1777.
California’s Proposition 65 entitles California consumers to special warnings.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65warnings.ca.gov/