High Protein German Chocolate Cake
Dieting can be challenging. We all know that. A huge initiative of MuscleSport going into 2020 is to deliver healthy alternative recipes. These recipes will use our proteins & BCAA's primarily but sometimes incorporate other products.
Our first recipe is a decadent High Protein German Chocolate Cake utilizing our Protella LeanWhey Revolution.
- 2 scoops Lean Whey Protella
- 4 tbsp Stevia blend
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into panned bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cake cools make the frosting by adding unsweetened almond milk to a small sauce pan.
- Whisk in coconut sugar and tapioca starch and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer until thickened, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Set frosting aside to cool.
- Toast pecans in a pan for a bit then stir into frosting.
- When the cake has cooled, spread frosting over.